Commonhouse Ales A.K.A. The Triple Bottom-Liner
We invest in people, community, and business with equal passion. We support the organizations you believe in through Six One For Good Ale and Commonhouse Shares, a continuous fundraising effort.
In order to hold our feet to the fire, Commonhouse Ales became certified as a B Corp by B Lab in 2017, making us the first certified B Corp brewery in Ohio. B Lab holds us to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency, evaluating how our practices impact our employees, our community, the environment, and our customers.
We’re all unique and diverse,but we all have something in common. We celebrate that with beer.
We have established a charitable account, Commonhouse Shares, through The Columbus Foundation. We will fund this account from a portion of the sale of our flagship ale, Six.One For Good. The fund was seeded by us in the amount of $10,000.
Once the funds are received, we can’t retrieve them, except to make grants to charitable, not-for-profit entities. We will show a heavy bias towards Central Ohio charities in need.
Funds granted to-date:
- $1,000: Wild Goose Creative”Art On Tap” neon sign
- $2,800: Gracehaven: training funds for staff development
Want to get involved?
If you are so inclined, you can support our efforts in three ways:
1. Easy: Buy a six pack or pint of Six.One For Good at your local retailer. $1 from every six pack sale and $15 from every half barrel keg goes directly to Commonhouse Shares. Every time you enjoy Six.One For Good, whether from the bottle or on draft at your favorite watering hole, you’re helping someone less fortunate.
2. Next to Easy: Over time, we will solicit your ideas regarding what we do with accumulated funds in the Commonhouse Shares account. We may conduct surveys on social media. We want those of you who support us to have a say in where this money goes.
3. Medium Easy: You can make a direct donation, by sending a check, directing your deposit to Commonhouse Shares:
c/o The Columbus Foundation
1234 East Broad Street
Columbus OH 43205
You already know that beer is good. If you’ve read this far, we hope you’ll join us to show that beer for good is better.